Selected interns will act as custodians and docents of the National Pavilion, where they will get hands-on experience overseeing the daily operations of the exhibition. The program is open to to Emiratis and long-term residents of the UAE aged 21 and above, with an interest or background in arts and architecture.
The internship is supported by an educational training program that kicks off with in-depth training in the UAE in partnership with its top cultural institutions, aimed at enabling the interns to engage fluently with the content of the exhibition in Venice. The education program continues in Venice in partnership with Ca’ Foscari University and other cultural institutions.
To foster cultural exchange and enhance the interns’ local experience in Venice, Italian interns selected from the prestigious Ca’Foscari University in Venice work side-by-side with their UAE counterparts at the pavilion. This allows further engagement with Italian customs, language and knowledge.
To date, the National Pavilion UAE has engaged with over 150 interns, with many pursuing careers in the arts industries post their participation at la Biennale di Venezia.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Over 21 years old
- Background in Art, Culture, Architecture, Design and/or other creative fields
- Practical experience in creative industries: internships, work experience, volunteering
- Knowledge of the UAE’s role in la Biennale di Venezia
- Interest and intent to pursue a career in the arts and creative industries in the UAE
- Experience and interest in international experience and travel
- Presentation of materials
Successful candidates will be contacted by phone and email to inform them of their successful application into the program.